Befriending support workers in the South Staffordshire & North Birmingham areas.
Job purpose: To provide care and friendship through HaywardBefriending services. Aiming to alleviate the symptoms of loneliness, encourage and maintain our service users independence in the community while offering time out for their family and friends or main carer.
- Full valid UK Driving License
- Motor insurance (business type)
- Use of own vehicle
- Ability to work independently within agreed guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively (in writing or orally), adapting to suit the needs of individuals
- Understanding and Respecting Equal Opportunities
- Can work flexibly within a growing organisation
- Experience of being a carer , Professional or Personal
- Understanding the needs of the elderly/vulnerable
- Can communicate effectively/presenting in group situations
- Basic computer skills , to be able to give basic training (One of our services is to teach, guide and assist with basic computer skills, from turning on a computer, using the internet and sending emails)
Job Description - Befriending Support Worker
|Reporting to:||Befriending Co-ordinator & Managing Director||Hours:||Variable (Bank Worker)*||Salary:||Day time - £6.50 per hour
Evening/Night rate - £7.00 per hour
Shopping for service user £6.08 per trip
Incentive scheme rate - £8.00 per hour*
|Mileage:||We pay mileage||Location:||South Staffordshire & West Midlands||Holidays||n/a|
*A bank worker is a person who is employed by HaywardBefriending on a flexible arrangement, you are not contracted to work set hours but will choose to work if you are available for booked hours.
*Incentive scheme rate of pay is awarded to Bank Staff that have successfully introduced a service user to HaywardBefriending. Whenever that service user requires our services and if you work those hours you will be paid this rate. (Please note that no mileage can be claimed under this scheme)